About us & Questions (FAQ)
- Why do we sell Replica Telephones ?
- How do I buy one of these phones ?
- Should I buy a Replica or an Original Telephone ?
- Why should I buy from here ? (about us)
Why do we sell Replica Telephones?
Although we have been selling original old British telephones for many years quite a few of our customers have asked us to provide modern push button "Tone Dialling" telephones in the same classic style of the originals. Basically some people want modern alternatives that are faster to dial out, compatable with all telephone companies networks and with the functionality of a modern telephone. However they want to combine these modern functions with the iconic style of the classic original old telephone.
- Faster: Modern push putton telephones will dial out much faster than older rotary "pulse dialling" telephones.
- Compatability: Modern push button "tone dialling" telephones will work on any telephone providers line.
- Functionality: Modern telephones also have the "star" and "hash" (or pound) buttons, and sometimes last number redial. Many call centers require these buttons to navigate their systems.
How do I buy one of these phones?
You can look at photographs of our telephones under Replica Telephones on the left hand side menu. You can then select the picture of the type of telephone you are looking for, which will open up a list of the individual telephones (colour options etc). From this list you can then simply select the telephone you wish to buy by pressing the ADD button. This will take you through to a secure PayPal site where you can securely enter your payment details (you do not need a PayPal account to pay by this method). Alternatively you can also pay for these replica telephones by old fashioned cheque or via Bank Transfer. Please use the e-mail button at the top of the page to request details for paying by these alternative methods.
Should I buy a Replica or an Original Telephone?
The choice between an original antique telephone or a modern replica/reproduction phone is down to several factors (mostly personal preference). So to help you decide we have summarised some of the key differences in the table below.
|Features||Reproduction Telephones||Original Telephones|
|Dialling out speed||Fast||Slow|
|Speech Quality||Very Good||Very Good *|
|Incoming Ring Sound||Very Good||Excellent|
|Style & Looks||Very Good||Excellent|
|Compatibility with telephone network providers||100%||99%|
|Extra Functionality (* # and redial)||Good||None|
|Cost to buy||Low||High|
* Speech quality on old telephones can be classed as Very Good if converted properly and a new electronic microphone used.
Why should I buy from here?
As a small family run business we have used all of our knowledge and skills gained from restoring antique British telephones (over many years) to locate the best possible modern alternatives to these classic telephones. As part of our selection process our technical engineer (who worked for BT for 32 years) has looked in detail at the quality and construction of these telephones. All our telephones come with a twelve months manufacturers guarantee.Back to Top